Custom object tab and icon
I created an custom object that I m working with in one of my apps.
However during the setup of the object, i made two mistakes and would like to edit this without having to recreate the object.
– I need to make sure that the tab is one of the default tabs that is showen for the app when the app is installed. Currently i have to go the plus sign and the customize link and at the tab to the menu bar. I don t want pruchasers of my app to have to go through this pain.
– I forgot to add an icon to one of my bridge objects. So when i see it as a related list in another object there is no object icon next to the list title and it is the only one without an icon. It looks a little out of place. How can i add an icon to that related list or bridge object?
Best Answer chosen by Robert Bruski
Default Tab: While creating the Tab you can check the Default On for all the profiles so it s on. as per screenshot below
Icon: Go to the Objec and Edit in Tab and Change the Tab Style as shown below
if our suggestion(s) worked, let us know by marking the answer as Best Answer right under the comment.This will help the rest of the community should they have a similar issue in the future. Thank you!
Thank you. I have made the icon adjustment using your instructions.
In order to edit the first questions about the tab. i had to go to the apps section under create and add it to the app tab listing. I believe this has solved it? Am i correct?
Well, to your 1st question –
- You can go to Setup | Create | Apps .
- Click Edit next to the App Label .
- You can then add the desired tabs as well as configure the Default Landing tab too.
To your 2nd question –
- Go to Setup | Create | Tabs .
- From the Custom Object Tabs section, click New .
- Select the Object .
- Now, from the Tab Style. select the Icon.
Hope this helps.